As Head of Training, you are acutely aware of the need for balance in your strategy for how to increase productivity of employees. Performance monitoring cannot overwhelm employee autonomy (and your efforts to encourage employee self-motivation). Employee training is critical for organizational success, but it should not overly tax the time your employees need to maintain their productivity. The bottom line? Highly productive employees aren’t hired; they’re nurtured and mentored.
Increase Employee Productivity: The First Steps
So how do you increase the productivity of employees? Just like a farm, your organization is focused on creating an environment that is conducive to long-term productivity. But of course you don’t want employees who are merely showing up on time and meeting minimal standards, you want employees who are meeting and exceeding benchmarks while adding to their skillsets (and their value to your organization).
There are three main components of a work environment conducive to high employee productivity. Each component is an integral part of the structure of employee training. Let’s take a look at the first element of a productivity-focused workplace.
How to Increase the Productivity of Employees: An Onboarding Process Focused on Employee Productivity
Your onboarding process is your first and best chance to steer your employee towards a path of self-motivated; high performance. As tempting as it may be, you may want to reconsider beginning your onboarding process with a deluge of company information. A wise choice is to use a learning management system (LMS) that combines existing knowledge assessment with self-paced learning with repeated reinforcement of key concepts. During the onboarding process, be sure to promote the exercise of the following self-management skills:
Use your LMS to encourage employees to demonstrate mastery of the material and to complete the self-directed on-boarding process in a timely fashion. If you use an enterprise-grade LMS, time-management skills reinforcement and organization-specific information can be integrated seamlessly into the onboarding process with a few clicks.
An LMS that provides employee performance metrics out of the box, it is simple to instill the importance of self-analysis in your new employees, by walking them through simple ways to review their productivity patterns over time. As employees become accustomed to keeping tabs on their performances, it is far less damaging to morale to introduce an educational intervention—especially if employee training is convenient and content can be customized to match your employees’ unique learning styles.
Self-Directed Risk Management
Of course, it isn’t enough to have highly informed employees who are aware of productivity best practices. Your team members also need to retain the motivation to comply with company risk management standards—from preventing sexual harassment to workplace safety—even when those standards are unpopular or require significant effort to maintain. With an LMS, you have access to a broad range of multimedia components (such as video) that can be added to your employee’s onboarding experience to provide engaging, immersive exercises that help employees learn real-world risk management techniques.
An LMS provides a single access point for:
- Employee knowledge assessment
- Educational interventions
- Employee skills management
- Employee continuing education
How to Increase Productivity of Employees: 5 Standards Your Training Process Must Maintain to Boost Increase Employee Productivity
Employee training is at the heart of every highly productive company. Here are five key hallmarks of an organization that promotes employee productivity.
- A user-experience focused onboarding process that helps employees get off to a productive starter at the beginning of their careers. Use of a robust LMS makes the onboarding process resource-friendly and less burdensome to HR staff, empowering the organization to scale efficiently.
- Consistent employment of an LMS that facilitates streamlined team member knowledge assessment and educational intervention. A consistent, customizable employee educational experience is essential in inspiring and maintaining high levels of productivity across your organization.
- Engaged employees learn to routinely self-assess their performances and are more likely to focus on overcoming barriers to productivity. Employee skills management and skills enhancement processes can be streamlined using an enterprise-grade LMS, and companies with highly productive employees utilize their LMS platforms to empower employees to analyze their productivity, strengths and weaknesses.
- An on-going, self-paced continuing education program for employees. Employee knowledge of the skills and educational demands of their job will fluctuate as job demands change. Productive employees can benefit from continuing education at every level of their careers.
- An enterprise-grade LMS that takes removes the administrative and development burden of training development from HR execs. A robust, multi-featured LMS handles both critical educational functions while helping employees learn at a pace that is tailored to their job requirements and aptitude.
You don’t have to settle for a half-solution.
Most LMS platforms do one thing- help you develop employee training programs. Some don’t offer performance analytics features or provide exceptional, ongoing technical support.
WestNet Learning provides an enterprise-grade platform that helps companies enhance productivity throughout their organization (and helps them set the bar higher for the entire industry).
We also offer great add-on services, such comprehensive curriculum support based on insights gleaned from decades of our industry partnerships.
WestNet Learning is an all-in-one LMS solution to easily train employees, increase employee productivity, and address safety needs. Customized eCourses, analytics, reporting, and certification tracking to help manage staff and stay on top of what matters most.
If you would like to learn more about what an LMS can do for you and how to increase productivity of employees, feel free to reach out and schedule a 1-on-1 strategy session with one of our specialists today!